This healthy Pasta alla Carbonara is not only delicious but it is the "real authentic" recipe coming straight from Italy to you !
So what are you waiting for? You should take some notes and go to your kitchen right now!
First thing first I just want to say that Italian Recipes are so damn good because we only use few quality ingredients. So, do yourself a favor, don't add more than what I write and please try to buy the right ingredients.
What will you need?
You will need...
- Spaghetti. The best pasta brand in the US is either Barilla or Garofalo.
-Then you will need a mix of eggs (use organic and local if you can), pancetta and pecorino (cheese).
If you can't find pecorino, I will get you get away with Parmigiano (parmesan) for this time!
Let's take a look at the recipe
- 400 gr spaghetti
- 200 gr pancetta
- 4 egg yolk
-50 gr grated pecorino or parmigiano
- salt and pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender yet firm (as they say in Italian "al dente.")
2. Meanwhile, cook the pancetta on a non-sticky pan and saute for about 3 minutes, until the pancetta is crispy and the fat is rendered.
3. Beat the egg yolks and Pecorino/Parmesan together in a mixing bowl, stirring well to prevent lumps. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
4. After draining spaghetti, add the egg mix and the pancetta and toss for 2 minutes. Serve while still warm. Enjoy it!